Top-Ranked Medical University | Study MBBS in Russia | Direct MBBS Admission in Kazan Federal University-Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology (IFMB) | MBBS in Russia in KFU (IFMB) for Indian Students
Kazan (Volga region) Federal University (Russian: Казанский (Приволжский) федеральный университет) is located in Kazan, Russia. Founded in 1804 as Imperial Kazan University, famous mathematician Nikolai Ivanovich Lobachevsky served there as the rector from 1827 until 1846. In 1925, the university was renamed in honor of its most famous student Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov (Lenin). The university is known as the birthplace of organic chemistry due to works by Aleksandr Butlerov, Vladimir Markovnikov, Aleksandr Arbuzov, and the birthplace of electron spin resonance discovered by Evgeny Zavoisky.
In 2010, Kazan University received a federal status. It is also one of 15 Russian universities that were initially selected to participate in the Project 5-100, coordinated by the Government of the Russian Federation and aimed to improve their international competitiveness among the world’s leading research and educational centers. As of January 2020, the University comprises 18 primary educational units, 2 of which are territorial branches.
More than 50,000 students are enrolled in over 600-degree programs at undergraduate and postgraduate levels (including doctoral and double-degree programs with partner universities); the number of international students is about 9,700 from 106 countries. Research priority areas are concentrated on biomedicine and pharmaceutics, oil extraction, oil refining and petrochemistry, communications and aerospace technologies, advanced materials, and social sciences and humanities.
Rankings and reputation:
The university has been ranked by QS World University Rankings since 2012, steadily climbing from 601+ to 392nd place. It also has 4 stars in QS Stars Ratings, along with another institution from Tatarstan, Kazan National Research Technical University named after A.N.Tupolev. After having obtained the status of a federal university, KFU tasked itself with advancing in the global rankings race. This is also the primary metric for the participants of the Project 5-100, a national initiative to boost the competitiveness of the top Russian universities, which Kazan University joined in 2013. It’s currently ranked 601 – 800 by Times Higher Education. It’s also in the 201-300 bracket in University Impact and Good health and well-being rankings by the same organization. KFU first appeared in Academic Ranking of World Universities in 2018 and was ranked 801 – 900 in that year and in 2019. The university is present in 10 subject areas in QS subject rankings and in 7 areas in Times Higher Education rankings. The most notable achievement is 94th place in THE subject rankings for Education in 2019.
In Russian national rankings, Kazan University has been consistently ranked among the best, including 16th place in RAEX rankings and 9th place in Interfax National Ranking of Universities.
Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology (IFMB):
IFMB is one of the most intensively developing institutes of Kazan Federal University. The Institute consists of more than 60 subdivisions: departments, research laboratories, museums, the Botanical Garden, etc. The Institute’s clinical base is currently at the Kazan University Clinic. A unique world-class Medical Simulation Center was created at IFMB. It includes a hospital model, Dental Phantom Class, and Medical Engineering Center. Our scientific areas of expertise are fundamental medicine (molecular biomedicine and biomedical engineering), bionanotechnology and biomaterials, living systems technologies, bioinformatics, space biology, biodiversity, and bioinvasions.
Main Faculties of Kazan Federal University (Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology):
- General Medicine (MBBS) | Duration of Course 6 years.
- Dentistry (BDS) | Duration of Course 5 years.
KFU (IFMB) Admissions:
- Intake: May-August
Kazan Federal University MBBS Fees | Fee structure 2021-22
The fees structure for 2020: 7200 USD Dollars for the first year (It includes tuition, hostel, medical insurance, documentation), from second year 6200 USD Dollars for the same.
|Fee Pattern||Total Fee
2nd-6th Per Year
|Per Year||7200USD||6250 USD||38450 USD|
KFU Education Marking system:
Every subject after assessing and evaluating the student’s performance is allocated a grade as below:
- Grade – “5”, five signifies excellent performance.
- Grade – “4”, four signifies Good performance.
- Grade – “3”, three signifies satisfactory performance.
However, it is understood that: Grade 5 is equivalent to – 90% and above; Grade 4 is equivalent to – 80-89%; Grade 3 is equivalent to – 70 -79%; Grade 2 stands for failure.
KFU students are accommodated in the college’s own hostels of residence. Total seats in Hostels– 7 454 places.
KAZAN CITY AT A GLANCE:
Kazan is the city that was historically formed, on one hand, as a border between the East and the West, on the other hand, as the place where the two met. Kazan became the center of coexisting cultures that bonded over time and benefited one from another. Kazan is situated on the bank of the Volga River in the central part of Russia. Kazan – is a big industrial center with a population of over 1,1 million people, there are a railway, motorway and airport junction, as well as the largest river port on the Volga.
Kazan is one of the most acknowledged centers of science, culture, and education.
The climate in Kazan is temperate with pleasantly warm summers and winters with mild cold and beautiful snow.
International Students can travel direct from their native countries to Kazan International Airport. Daily flights are available.
SOME UNPARALLELED BENEFITS WHEN YOU STUDY MBBS IN KAZAN FEDERAL UNIVERSITY RUSSIA:
- Entrance test required, direct admission.
- Quality education at a low cost.
- MCI recognized Kazan Federal University (IFMB) abroad follow global teaching standards.
- English as a teaching language.
- Extracurricular activities.
- WHO & MCI approved university.
- High-quality faculty.
- No donation required.
- Living at a low cost.
ELIGIBILITY REQUISITION TO STUDY MBBS IN KAZAN FEDERAL UNIVERSITY:
- The candidate must have completed 17 years on or before 31 December at the time of admission for the MBBS Course.
- The students must have secured 50% marks in (PCB as per MCI rules) in their 12th or higher secondary done through from CBSE/State Board or any other equivalent board.
- The candidate’s NEET score is mandatory for admission.
- No English language test (IELTS, TOEFL) required.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR ADMISSION IN MBBS IN KAZAN FEDERAL UNIVERSITY FOR INDIAN STUDENTS:
In order to get a legal and hassle-free admission in MBBS in MCI recognized Kazan Federal University, students need to furnish essential documents such as:
- Duly filled application form of the university.
- Marksheet of class 10th and 12th.
- A valid passport with a minimum of two years duration.
- A copy of admission or an offer letter from the university.
- Visa support letter from the concerned university or college.
- School leaving certificate, School transfer certificate.
- The NEET scorecard.
- Twenty copies of passport size photo.
- Birth certificate
- Health checkup certificate.
- University fee guarantee letter from parents.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE TO STUDY MBBS IN KFU (IFMB) RUSSIA IN SIMPLE STEPS:
- STEP-1: Call or Visit Doctors-IEA Team Offical representative of University.
- STEP-2: Properly fill the online application form of the Kazan Federal University (IFMB).
- STEP-3: After filling the online application form, the candidate will receive an offer letter from the university.
- STEP-4: Pay processing fees and then submit all essential documents required to get admission in MCI recognized medical college-Kazan Federal University (IFMB).
- STEP-5: After receiving processing fees and original documents, the Doctors-IEA team will apply for an invitation letter and visa documentation.
- STEP-6: After getting the Visa, the Doctors-IEA team will arrange tickets and all a proper set of documents to fly for a particular university with a group of students and their representatives.
PREPARATION FOR FMGE, MCI SCREENING TEST:
As an Official representative, we put all the information quite vividly for both students and parents. Students pursuing MBBS at Kazan Federal University have to appear and clear the MCI screening test in order to get a license for practicing the medical profession in India. It is mandatory for all foreign return Medical graduates. The students can apply for FMGE registration when they come back to India after the completion of the MBBS course abroad. It is held in December and June (Twice a year). The student has to obtain 150 marks out of 300, there is no negative marking in the FMGE exam (MCI).
- KFU provides online coaching for the MCI screening exam and visiting professors from India throughout the year. All the topics are properly explained in a detailed manner.
- The candidates are also provided an idea about important questions.
- It offers a great helping hand to students.
- KFU conducts a mock-test as well.